- This event has passed.
UNDERWATER HOA MONTHLY MEETING – August 4th
August 4, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
On Wednesday, August 4th, join the Underwater HOA for “How We Can Stabilize Sea Level Rise” with featured speaker Dr. John C Van Leer, Professor, Physical Oceonography, University of Miami. Dr. Van Leer will present on the Energy Innovation & Carbon Dividend Act, and how Carbon taxing could be the answer to sea level rise.
The presentation will be followed by a Q & A with the speaker, and open discussion with UHOA community members.
If you would like to attend this meeting, please email Cortada’s studio manager Adam Roberti at email@example.com.
About Dr. Van Leer –
- BSME Case Institute of Technology in 1962
- Aerospace Engineer at MIT Instrumentation Lab 1962-65, Re-entry Guidance Systems design & testing to 100g for Minuteman-MIRV.
- Sc.D. MIT & Woods Hole Institution of Oceanography 1971, Thermocline Microstructure
- Faculty at University of Miami in Physical Oceanographer 1971-Present
- Robotic Profiler Development, Use and Commercialization 1971-87
- 4.5years at sea career during 45years of research active work – Tropics to High Arctic
- 100ton US Coast Guard Coastal Captain License 1980-90
- Teaching Oceanography for 50yrs & Sustainable Living since 2007)
- Climate Compact Sea Level Rise ad hoc Committee 2010, 2015 & 2019
- Citizens Climate Lobby, Miami Chapter Co-Founder 2014-Present.