- Turning Pages: Celebrating South Florida Artist-Made Books a group show including Xavier Cortada at: Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection: Books as Aesthetic Objects. Florida Atlantic University in West Palm Beach, FL.
January 14 – February 29, 2004
- Unveiling of “The Coexistence Mural” — The mural will be unveiled at the NCCJ Annual Gala Dinner. Miami artist Xavier Cortada incorporated messages from participants of two NCCJ Leadership Seminars, From Coexistence to Community and Artists Speak Out, to create this collaborative mural. The seminars were part of the Coexistence Miami project.
February 28, 2004
- May It Please the Court — a solo exhibit by Xavier Cortada in the rotunda of the Florida Supreme Court, Tallahassee, FL
March 1 – July 15, 2004
- UNVEILING OF KIKIRIKI — Unveiling of Xavier Cortada’s Kikiriki, a glass mosaic mural at Parrot Jungle Island’s Petting Barn. (Mural donated by Bisazza.) Reception to launch United Home Care’s 30th Anniversary to follow at the Xavier Cortada Gallery in the Parrot Jungle Island Treetop Ballroom, Miami, FL
March 10th @ 5:00 pm.
- Unveiling of the DISCOVER BISCAYNE BAY– Unveiling of the “Discover Biscayne Bay“ mural inside the Miami Children’s Museum on Watson Island in Miami, FL. The mural was commissioned by Citizen’s for a Better South Florida, the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD), and the Discover Biscayne Bay Campaign as a gift to the museum’s permanent collection.
March 17, 2004 @ 3:30 pm
- Turning Pages: Celebrating South Florida Artist-Made Books a group show including Xavier Cortada at Bienes Center for the Literary Arts Broward County Main Library Broward County, FL.
March 18 – May 8, 2004
- Exhibit of Xavier Cortada’s We’re in the Same Boat mural at the IN EXILE, Echoes from Haiti and Cuba — Exhibit of Xavier Cortada’s We’re in the Same Boat mural at the “IN EXILE, Echoes from Haiti and Cuba” program presented by the NOVA University Fischler Graduate School of Education and Human Services, Master of Science in Interdisciplinary Arts Program. The artist will speak at the program at theRose & Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Tickets: $15.
April 3, 2004 @ 7pm -10 pm
- Unveiling of Xavier Cortada’s Bishop Verot Mural — Unveiling of Xavier Cortada’s “Bishop Verot” glass mosaic mural followed by artist’s slide presentation at Bishop Verot Catholic High School, 5598 Sunrise Dr., Ft. Myers, FL 33919. For more information, please contact the school’s Development Office,www.bvhs.org. Tickets: $50.
April 30, 2004.
- Unveiling of the History of Disabilities mural(part of the History Disability Art project) in the University of Miami School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics Mailman Center for Child Development, Conference Room #3023, Miami, FL.
May 7, 2007 @ 12:00 pm
- ¡CELEBRA LIBERTAD! Featuring Xavier Cortada’s painting on the actual Russian Antonov-2 Colt airplane that brought a family from Cuba to the United States. Cortada will also present 45 pieces of luggage numbered sequentially from 1959 to 2004, representing each year the Cuban community has been in exile. Each piece will include letters from exiles describing what they left behind in Cuba and what they found when they arrived here. Click here for more information.
May 19 – 23, 2004
- Recent paintings by Xavier Cortada on exhibit at the Art Gallery at FGCU Library Florida Gulf Coast University 10501 FGCU Blvd. South, Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565 during May 20, 2004 – June 11, 2004. Artist’s reception on May 27th, 2004
- Xavier Cortada will create the official Voices 2004 collaborative mural during the May 22- 25 conference in Washington, D.C.
May 22 – 25, 2004
- Silent Auctions and Charity Fundraisers:
- Against the Law, May 20-21, 2004
- Genesis Artists for AIDS, May 26, 2004
- United Home Care, May 27, 2004
- The Greater Miami Chapter of NCCJ presents the ArtBridge Mural, an art-based community building project implemented at St. Francis Xavier Catholic School and Shenandoah Middle School through funding from the MetLife Foundation.
June 1, 2004
- CASA — Tenth Anniversary Celebration
July 8, 2004
- Guayabera… al aire libre — Silent Auction
July 21, 2004
- ART IN THE DRUG COURT — Hon. Judge J. Rosinek presents Compartiendo, a long term exhibit by Xavier Cortada in the Miami-Dade County Drug Court
August 25, 2004 at 5 p.m.
- Xavier Cortada will deliver a Keynote address and unveil the official poster for the 7th Annual National Promotoras Conference in Denver, CO.
August 18th, 2004
- XL an exhibit of large-scale drawings by Miami artist Xavier Cortada as he celebrated his 40th birthday (XL is the Roman Numeral for 40) in his studio located at 104 SW 9th Street.
September 17, 2004
- Join Xavier Cortada at An Evening Among Artists to benefit Operation Smile in Fairchild Tropical Garden Miami, FL.
September 30, 2004
- The Miami chapter of Amnesty International presents the group show “Giving Torture a Face” on Thursday October 14, 2004 from 7:00 to 10:00 at 139 N.E. 39 Street p.m., during the Miami Design District’s “Gallery Walk” night. For more click here.
- Environmental Leadership Program presents an exhibit of Xavier Cortada’s paintings at Miami Nice: A fundraiser that has Nothing to do with the Elections
October 19th, 2004 @ 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Introductory Slide Presentation to MIU Students — Miami International University of Art and Design, Miami, FL
October 11, 2004 @ noon
- Hispanic Heritage Celebration Slide Presentation — Lindsey Hopkins Adult Education, Miami, FL
October 13, 2004 @ 9:30 am
- Hispanic Heritage Celebration Slide Presentation — Key Largo Elementary School, Key Largo, FL
October 13, 2004 @ 7:30 pm
- Building the Miami Mangrove Forest Slide Presentation — Miami International University of Art and Design, Miami, FL
October 25, 2004 @ noon
- Hands on Miami presents Miami Mangrove Forest a volunteer-driven, large-scale public art project designed by Xavier Cortada
November 6, 2004
- Mangroves — a solo exhibit by Xavier Cortada at Arts for ACT Gallery Ft. Myers, FL
November 12, 2004 – 7pm
- American Cancer Society Florida Chapter’s Reaching Out to Cancer Kids COLLABORATIVE ART PIECES to be created by ROCK CAMP kids and Xavier Cortada
November 19-12, 2004
- SACRED GROVE: Interpreting our Nature, works by Lea Nickless and Xavier Cortada at Xavier Cortada Studio, Miami, FL sponsored by BACARDI, USA
December 1, 2004
- Cuban Monument to Freedom: Featuring Xavier Cortada’s painting on the actual Russian Antonov-2 Colt airplane that brought a family from Cuba to the United States. Surrounding the plane are 46 pieces of luggage numbered sequentially from 1959 to 2004, representing each year the Cuban community has been in exile. Each piece will include letters from exiles describing what they left behind in Cuba and what they found when they arrived here. The Honorable Manny Diaz, Mayor of Miami Royal Palm Communities, University of Miami Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection and Cuban Monument to Freedom, Inc cordially invite you to see the Painted Cuban Plane and Freedom Luggage Installation by Xavier Cortada at its new home 318 NW 23rd Street Miami, FL.
December 2, 2004
- MIAMI MANGROVE FOREST by Xavier Cortada a volunteer-driven public art project and installation presented by the City of Miami and Hands on Miami (for more information click here) to be presented during OMNIART: The Neighborhood as a Work of Art a large scale urban intervention brought to you by the new MIART Foundation to honor Art Basel Miami Beach 2004 (see http://www.omniart-miami.com — Site no longer available)
December 3, 2004
- Presentation of Awards designed by Xavier Cortada at the The National Council of Jewish Women – Greater Miami Section 2004 WOMEN OF VALOR AWARD Luncheon Key Biscayne Ritz Carlton. Key Biscayne, FL.
December 2, 2004