- This event has passed.
Courageous Creatives Take Back Time Film Premiere & Community Panel Q&A
September 16, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us for the premiere of the short film, Take Back Time. Created by the Courageous Creatives, a cohort of young artists committed to social justice, the film is the result of their collaboration over the course of 5 weeks this summer as a way to reimagine change through the arts and activism. Take Back Time charts a path of 526 ways to move towards an equitable and just society.
The premiere will be followed by a moderated panel discussion that will engage the Courageous Creatives, current civic leaders, and members of the community in conversation.
Moderated by Natalie Schere, the Executive Director, of PATH: Preserving, Archiving & Teaching Hiphop, Inc., the panel includes:
- AnaMaria Correa – Chief Community Engagement Officer, Miami City Ballet
- Anthony Durden – Executive Member, Circle of Brotherhood
- Beth Boone – Executive Director, Miami Light Project
- Johann Zietsman – CEO & President, Adrienne Arsht Center
- John Daversa – Chair of Studio Music & Jazz, Frost School of Music, University of Miami
- Michael Spring – Senior Advisor, Miami-Dade County Office of the Mayor; Director, Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs
- Rosie Gordon Wallace – Founder, President and Curator, Diaspora Vibe Cultural Arts Incubator
- Terrance Cribbs-Lorrant – Director, Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum
- Xavier Cortada – Professor, University of Miami; Artist-in-Residence, Pinecrest Gardens
This is a FREE event. Advance registration is required.
Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 4pm-6pm
Take Back Time is presented by Culture Shock Miami and is coordinated to be part of National Arts in Education Week.